Monday, April 11, 2011

Man's Best Friend




These pieces were designed as part of a poster/ad package. The original sizes are 18 x 24 for the poster and 8.5 x 11 for the Ad. The objective was to design along the topic of Man's Best Friend using original photography I took. I shot a series of 150 images, differentiating between emotive and informative, and changing my aperture, shutter speed, and ISO accordingly. After choosing my best shots, I optimized each image in Photoshop, adding point curves, adjusting levels, color correcting/converting to grayscale.


The subject I chose was Petsmart's National Adoption Weekend because it is an upcoming promotion of 2011 and because I support the adoption of pets. I think its a great way for homeless animals to find good, loving homes who would otherwise be euthanized or left to fend for themselves.


The animals I chose to photograph are my own pets, who were placed in newspaper ads which caught my eye. I followed up on the ads and fell in love instantly, adopting them that day. They are very well behaved and loving dogs. They are dedicated and faithful and make me a happy owner everyday. I would recommend adopting a pet (or at least looking further into adoption) to anyone seriously considering it.

No comments:

Post a Comment